Quick Start Guide - Submitting an Article
Have you got some exciting news to share with the rest of the church? Has God been speaking to you on a particular topic that other people may find useful? Have you been studying something new with your small group and you’d like to tell other people about it? The document editor is the place where you can contribute to the church web site and see your work online!
Beginning a new article
1. Hover over the
option and click on my documents; any documents written previously will be displayed as a list.
2. Click on the Start a new article option at the bottom of the page.
3. Enter a title for the new article in the box provided and press the Continue button.
4. The text editor works very much like a word-processor; enter text as normal and use the style section of the toolbar on the left hand side to change the appearance of the text.
5. To insert a table use the insert table button and select the number of rows and columns you require. Use the buttons in the table section of the toolbar to change the appearance of the table you have created.
6. To insert an image use the insert image button; a new window will open allowing you to select one of two options:
- Transfer an image from your computer - this option allows you to select a .gif or .jpg format image stored on your computer and use it in your document. Click the browse button to locate the image on your computer.
- Use an image from the internet - select this option to use an image from another web site; follow the instructions on-screen to locate the image you wish to use.
The image will be displayed in your article shortly afterwards.
Submitting the article
7. Once the document is complete press the Next button to continue:
8. Select which group you feel is the most appropriate location for your article and press the Submit button to complete the process. An administrator will review and then publish the document in due course.